Anticipating achieving clearer vision with this course. I chose "healing from inside out" to help define my journey towards personal wellness so that I can serve others whose paths cross with mine.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 7 Letting my light shine. . .

I like the "Meeting Asclepius" meditation because I like being led through this visualization.  From the introduction with the waterfall to mountain stream to lazy river to reuniting with the ocean I felt a calmness before I even needed to concentrate on the meditation.  I like the visual of the beam of white light signifying energy that purifies my mind, my speech and my heart.  Being able to receive this from the image of my mentor, skilled teacher, and wise healer enriched me this week.  My communion was with God during this time and I felt nurtured in my psyche and my soul.

"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" equates to "practice what you preach" for me.  Through my personal journey I can develop a base of knowledge which empowers me with empathy toward others as they also seek their personal integral health pathway.  We can learn from each other as we become integrally informed and then seek our unique integral practice to transform our lives to flourish in health, happiness and wholeness while we learn to overcome suffering.  Others will be nurtured from our psychospiritual growth as they see the fruits of our labor on display in how we are living and reacting to life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara what a beautiful description you posted on going only where one has been. It really makes a difference I think not only in the healthcare industry, but everyone we meet. Least wwe lesson our current frame of mind in this country, by judging people on the outside, and never knowing them on the inside. Thank you for allowing me to learn and understand the inner you
    Vicki D.
    Humanness and Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, it is so true that you can lead someone to a certain place, if you have not been there yourself. The world would be a better place if everyone would practice what they preach. In these days, we are very fortunate to have God on our side and the faith that things will get better. Your blog made me feel a better today.

    ReplyDelete